10 Quick Songs About Diana Krall

All for You: A Dedication to the Nat King Cole...
All for You: A Dedication to the Nat King Cole Trio (Photo credit: Wikipedia)


You Call It Madness (But I Call it Love)

 

This song was written in the 30s by Con Conrad, Gladys Dubois, Russ Columbo and Paul Gregory. It's played in the Key of G with 4/4 time signature. From the album, All For You (1996).

            C              Cm 
I can't forget the night I met you, 
 D7     G       B7      E7
That's all I'm thinking of; 
    Am       Bdim       D7
And now you  call   it madness, 
     G     C6  G
But I call it love. 
 
 
            C             Cm
You made a promise to be faithful 
D7  G       B7    E7
By all the stars above; 
Am           Bdim     D7 
And now you  call it  madness, 
  G          C6  G  C6  G+  D7   
I still call it love. 
 
Bridge: 
 
 Fm6         G7      Fm6            G7
My heart is beating, it keeps on repeating 
C       E7       Am
For you constantly. 
Dm6             E7      DM6          E7
You're all I'm needing, and so I'm pleading, 
C            Cm      D7
"Please come back to me!" 

           C                 Cm
You made a plaything out of romance! 
D7   G       B7      E7
What do you know of love? 
Am               Bdim     D7
That's why  you  call it madness, 
    G      C6  G
But I call it love. 
 
 
 

Piano Chords 

 

CGE/B
CC/CEbGC
D/DF#B
G/BDA
BB/AD#A
EB/G#DF#
AG/CE
G#/BE
DAF#/CEA
G/BDG
E/ACG
GD/GBG
CGE/CEB
CC/CEbGC
D/DF#B
G/BDA
BB/AD#A
EB/G#DF#
AG/CE
G#/BE
DAF#/CEA
G/BDG
E/ACG
GD/GBG
C/EGA
B/EbGB
A/DFC

AbC/DF
GB/D
AbC/DF
GB/D
CG/EGD
EE/DG#E
AE/CA
FA/BD
EG#/EB
FA/BD
EG#/B
E/CGB
Eb/CGC
D/CF#A
CGC/B
CC/CEbGC
D/DF#A
G/BDA
BB/AD#A
EB/G#DF#
AE/CE
G#E#/BE
DAF#/CEA
G/BDG
E/ACG
GD/GBG


 I am a huge fan of Diana Krall! If you've missed some former posts, here's a song list.

1. Only Trust Your Heart
2. I Don't Stand a Ghost of a Chance
3. The Frim Fram Sauce
4. How Deep Is The Ocean
5. Peel Me A Grape
6. Fly Me To The Moon
7. All Or Nothing
8.  Cry Me A River
9.  Besame Mucho
10. Just The Way You Are

Hear and Play offers a great resource,  Jazz Intensive Training Center

If you enjoyed this blog post, please consider following on Bloglovin' Keep in touch with me on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube and Pinterest, too!


 "Jazz washes away the dust of every day life." -- Art Blakey
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured Post

How To Play Hold On

© copyright 2017– All rights reserved

PianoDiana

SheetMusicPlus

Early Black Friday Coupon Cyber Week Coupon 50% Off International Shipping