Monday Music Quote: Diana Krall & Cry Me A River-Piano Chords



 “Some so-called 'jazz purists' are critical of me using strings instead of just a trio, and I say to that, 'HA! Who cares?'” -- Diana Krall

The Very Best of Diana Krall: Piano/Vocal/Chords
 


Piano Chords to Cry Me A River  (Words and Music by Arthur Hamilton)

Gm  Eb                    Gm6 Gm7
Now you say you're lonely

Cm7            F13  F7#5  Bbmaj7 Am7
You cry the long night through
 

 D7                 Dm7            G7#5
Well, you can cry me a river
 

 C9
Cry me a river
 

 Cm7     F7     Cm7/F  Bb6 Bbdim Ebm6
I cried a river over you
  

Gm   Eb                   Gm6 Gm7
Now you say you're sorry
 

 Cm7       F13   F7#5  Bbmaj7  Am7
For being so untrue
 

 D7                 Dm7       Ddim G7#5
Well, you can cry me a river
 

 C9
Cry me a river
 

 Cm7     F7    Cm7/F  Bb6 Gm6 A7
I cried a river over you
 

Dm                                              Gm6         A7
You drove me, nearly drove me, out of my head
 

 Dm                     Dm6   Gm6
While you never shed a tear
 

 Dm                                Gm6          A7sus A7
Remember, I remember, all that you said
 

 A7/D
You told me love was too plebeian
 

 Am7                       D7
Told me you were through with me and
  

Gm  Eb                Gm6  Gm7
Now you say you love me
 

 Cm7           F13      F7#5  Bbmaj7  Am7
Well, just to prove that you do
 

 D7                Dm7       Ddim  G7#5
Come on and cry me a river
 

 C9
Cry me a river
 

 Cm7     F7    Cm7/F  Bb6
I cried a river over you
I cried a river over you
I cried a river...over you...

 


I love this song along with millions of others.

The Best of Diana Krall

"Jazz washes away the dust of every day life." -- Art Blakey
Enhanced by Zemanta
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured Post

Learn To Play How High The Moon

How High The Moon (Chords and Lyrics) Words by Nancy Hamilton Music by Morgan Lewis (1940) Sung by Ella Fitzgerald from album...

© copyright 2015 – All rights reserved

PianoDiana

SheetMusicPlus

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads Download Sheet Music at Musicnotes.com Find patriotic sheet music sheet music to print instantly at Virtual Sheet Music