Monday Music Quote: The Beatles (I'll Follow The Sun)



 “But tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun” ~ The Beatles





 "I'll Follow the Sun" is a song by The Beatles. It is a melancholy ballad written and sung by Paul McCartney. [1] and credited to Lennon/McCartney. It was released in 1964 on the Beatles for SaleBeatles '65 in the United States, but was written long before that year: a version recorded in 1960 can be found in the bootleg record You Might As Well Call Us The Quarrymen. The song is somewhat of a cult favourite; it was released as a mono extended 45 in 1964 on Parlophone/EMI (and in 1995 as a B-side). (Wikipedia) 

I'11 Follow The Sun:Beatles
Top of the charts in '64.
 
#1. 
G        Fmaj7            C           D7
One day, you'll look, to see I've gone,
      C          Am  C/B D7   G7         C
For tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun.
G         Fmaj7            C  D7
Some day, you'll know, I was the one.
      C          Am       D7   G7         C
But tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun.

CHORUS:
            F
And now the time has come,
    Fm                C C7
And so my love I must go.
             F
And though I lose a friend,
Fm             C    Dm  /   / D2
In the end you will know...oh, oh, oh.
 
#2. 
G F      C          D7
One day you'll find, that I have gone.
      C          Am   D7   G7         C
For tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun.
       C   Am    D7 G7    C
Yes, tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun.

CHORUS:
REPEAT #2.
I LOVE the song. Do you have a favorite Beatle song?
"Jazz washes away the dust of every day life." -- Art Blakey
Enhanced by Zemanta
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured Post

Learn To Play How High The Moon

How High The Moon (Chords and Lyrics) Words by Nancy Hamilton Music by Morgan Lewis (1940) Sung by Ella Fitzgerald from album...

© copyright 2015 – All rights reserved

PianoDiana

SheetMusicPlus

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads Download Sheet Music at Musicnotes.com Find patriotic sheet music sheet music to print instantly at Virtual Sheet Music