Monday Music Quote: The Beatles (I'll Follow The Sun)



 “But tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun” ~ The Beatles





 "I'll Follow the Sun" is a song by The Beatles. It is a melancholy ballad written and sung by Paul McCartney. [1] and credited to Lennon/McCartney. It was released in 1964 on the Beatles for SaleBeatles '65 in the United States, but was written long before that year: a version recorded in 1960 can be found in the bootleg record You Might As Well Call Us The Quarrymen. The song is somewhat of a cult favourite; it was released as a mono extended 45 in 1964 on Parlophone/EMI (and in 1995 as a B-side). (Wikipedia) 

I'11 Follow The Sun:Beatles
Top of the charts in '64.
 
#1. 
G        Fmaj7            C           D7
One day, you'll look, to see I've gone,
      C          Am  C/B D7   G7         C
For tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun.
G         Fmaj7            C  D7
Some day, you'll know, I was the one.
      C          Am       D7   G7         C
But tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun.

CHORUS:
            F
And now the time has come,
    Fm                C C7
And so my love I must go.
             F
And though I lose a friend,
Fm             C    Dm  /   / D2
In the end you will know...oh, oh, oh.
 
#2. 
G F      C          D7
One day you'll find, that I have gone.
      C          Am   D7   G7         C
For tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun.
       C   Am    D7 G7    C
Yes, tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun.

CHORUS:
REPEAT #2.
I LOVE the song. Do you have a favorite Beatle song?
"Jazz washes away the dust of every day life." -- Art Blakey
Enhanced by Zemanta
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured Post

How To Play Hold On

© copyright 2017– All rights reserved

PianoDiana

SheetMusicPlus

Early Black Friday Coupon Cyber Week Coupon 50% Off International Shipping