Monday Music Quote: Michael Stipe

SAN FRANCISCO - SEPTEMBER 09:  Apple CEO Steve...Image by Getty Images via @daylife
 Mind Versus Music:


Listening to tunes has plenty of benefits-but helping kids memorize isn't one of them, say researchers from the University of Wales Institute, Cardiff. Students were more likely to recall a list of letters in a specific order that they'd memorized in silence than a list they'd studied with music on-regardless of whether or not they liked the songs. For a boost, you might want to consider having kids use their iPods before a big test or competition; research suggests it may actually improve some kinds of performance.






"I've been looking at the iPod- the Apple iPod. One of the interesting things about the iPod, one of the things that people love most about it is not the technology; it's the box it comes in."

-- Donald Norman


"My iPod that was programmed by Peter Buck. It has 7,000 songs hand-picked for me by him. "
 
-- Michael Stipe (For the last quarter of a century Michael Stipe has been the lead singer of R.E.M) 

So, I wanted to share this very cool work of art. Karen, over at Graphic's Fairy had the image and the artwork was painted by http://thejunkinourtrunks.blogspot.com/2011/07/poppy.html


Losing My Religion



FAmFAmGAmEmAm
                   Oh....  life, it's bigger, it's bigger than you, and you are not me,
EmAm
The lengths that i will go to, the distance in your eyes,
EmDmG
Oh no I've said to much, I've said it all,
AmEmAm
That's me in the corner, that's me in the spotlight losing my religion,
EmAm
Trying to keep a view, and I don't know if I can do it,
EmDmG
Oh no I've said too much, I haven't said enough,
FAm
I thought that I heard you laughing, I thought that I heard you sing,
FAmG
I think I thought I saw you try,
AmEmAm
Every whisper, every waking hour I'm choosing my confessions,
EmAm
Trying to keep an eye on you, like a hurt lost and blind fool,
EmDmG
Oh no I've said too much, I said it all,
AmEmAm
Consider this, consider this, The Hint of the century, consider this, the slip
EmAmEm
 that brought me to my knees failed what if all these fantasies come flailing around
DmGF
And now I've said to much, I thought that I heard you laughing,
AmFAmGAm
I thought that I heard you sing, I think I thought I saw you try,
AmAm
That was just a dream, that was just a dream,
AmEm
That's me in the corner, that's me in the spotlight,
AmEm
Losing my religion trying to keep a view,
AmEmDmG
And I don't know if I can do it, Oh no I said to much, I haven't said enough
FAm
I thought that I heard you laughing, I thought that I heard you sing,
FAmDmAm
think I thought I saw you try, that was just a dream, to try cry fly try,
DmAmGAm
That was just a dream, just a dream, just a dream, dream.
 I must confess, I didn't play R.E.M.'s music much but this one song stayed with me and the chords are super easy. 
So, how's your Monday going? 







"Jazz washes away the dust of every day life." -- Art Blakey
Enhanced by Zemanta
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured Post

How To Play Hold On

© copyright 2017– All rights reserved

PianoDiana

SheetMusicPlus

Early Black Friday Coupon Cyber Week Coupon 50% Off International Shipping