How To Play Royals by Lorde


Royals by Lorde l LadyDpiano.com

photo credit: acl_day3_032 via photopin (license)

I have received a request from a reader to learn the song, Royals by Lorde. Well, it's very easy to play because there are only a few chords to play... D major, C major and G major. If you're familiar with Inversions, then you'll be playing thirds in the right hand. You might want to play the octave with the left hand for a fuller bass sound and move everything down to mid key range around middle c and below.





Chord Chart


D
I've never seen a diamond in the flesh
I cut my teeth on wedding rings in the movies
And I'm not proud of my address, in the torn up town
No post code envy

D                        
But every song's like gold teeth, grey goose, trippin' in the bathroom
Blood stains, ball gowns, trashin' the hotel room,
C                              G
We don't care, we're driving cadillacs in our dreams.
                      D
But everybody's like cristal, maybach, diamonds on your time piece.
Jet planes, islands, tigers on a gold leash.
C                          G
We don't care, we aren't caught up in your love affair.
   

                   D
And we'll never be royals..
It don't run in our blood,
             C
That kind of lux just ain't for us.
            G
We crave a different kind of buzz.
                D
Let me be your ruler, you can call me queen bee
                C
And baby I'll rule I'll rule I'll rule I'll rule.
G
Let me live that fantasy.


D
My friends and I we've cracked the code.
We count our dollars on the train to the party.
And everyone who knows us knows that we're fine with this,
We didn't come from money.
[ Tab from: http://www.guitaretab.com/l/lorde/352412.html ]
D                        
But every song's like gold teeth, grey goose, trippin' in the bathroom
Blood stains, ball gowns, trashin' the hotel room,
C                              G
We don't care, we're driving cadillacs in our dreams.
                      D
But everybody's like cristal, maybach, diamonds on your time piece.
Jet planes, islands, tigers on a gold leash.
C                          G
We don't care, we aren't caught up in your love affair.
 

                   D
And we'll never be royals..
It don't run in our blood,
             C
That kind of lux just ain't for us.
            G
We crave a different kind of buzz.
                D
Let me be your ruler, you can call me queen bee
                C
And baby I'll rule I'll rule I'll rule I'll rule.
G
Let me live that fantasy.

D     
Oooh ooooh ohhh
C                               G
We're bigger than we ever dreamed, and I'm in love with being queen.
D                    C
Oooooh ooooh ohhhhh life is game without a care
            G
We aren't caught up in your love affair.


                    D
And we'll never be royals..
It don't run in our blood,
             C
That kind of lux just ain't for us.
            G
We crave a different kind of buzz.
                D
Let me be your ruler, you can call me queen bee
                C
And baby I'll rule I'll rule I'll rule I'll rule.
G
Let me live that fantasy.

Chord Breakdown

Intro

DD/D / DD/D / DD/D

D                  D/AD  D/GC    D/A
I've never seen a diamond in the flesh
         D/AD     D/GC                 D/DA, G, F#
I cut my teeth on wedding rings in the movies
            D/AD      D/GC              D/AD  D/GG D/AF#
And I'm not proud of my address, in the torn up town
D/AD     D/GG  D/AF#, D/AD
No post code envy

Prechorus


D                      D/AD        D/DF#       D/F#A          D/DF#                       
But every song's like gold teeth, grey goose, trippin' in the bathroom
D/AD           D/DF#       D/F#A           D/DF#
Blood stains, ball gowns, trashin' the hotel room,
C         C/CG                G/BF#           G/GD
We don't care, we're driving cadillacs in our dreams.
                      D/AD     D/DF#     D/F#A
But everybody's like cristal, maybach, diamonds on your time piece.
D/AD         D/DF#   D/F#A             D/DF#
Jet planes, islands, tigers on a gold leash.
C/EG DF# C/EG            G/GB
We don't care, we aren't caught up in your love affair.


Chorus

                   D/DA D/DF# (D/ADF#, D/F#AD)
And we'll never be royals..
D/DF#               D/DF#A
It don't run in our blood,
             C/CE
That kind of lux just ain't for us.
            G/BD
We crave a different kind of buzz.
                D/DA D/DF#
Let me be your ruler, you can call me queen bee
              C/CEG          C/EGC     C/GCE
And baby I'll rule I'll rule I'll rule I'll rule.
G                 D
Let me live that fantasy.

Verse 2

Bridge


D/ F#, E, D (single notes)     
Oooh ooooh ohhh
C/CEG                               G/AD
We're bigger than we ever dreamed, and I'm in love with being queen.
D/F#A   D/F#AD D/GCE C/GCE                C/GC
Oooooh ooooh ohhhhh life is good without a care
            G/B
We aren't caught up in your love affair.

                    D
And we'll never be royals..
It don't run in our blood,
             C
That kind of lux just ain't for us.
            G
We crave a different kind of buzz.
                D
Let me be your ruler, you can call me queen bee
                C
And baby I'll rule I'll rule I'll rule I'll rule.
G/D     G/F            D/F#AD
Let me live that fantasy.

Have fun with the song!
You might want to head on over for 4 free videos from Hear and Play.

All the best,






"Jazz washes away the dust of every day life." -- Art Blakey
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured Post

Learn To Play How High The Moon

How High The Moon (Chords and Lyrics) Words by Nancy Hamilton Music by Morgan Lewis (1940) Sung by Ella Fitzgerald from album...

© copyright 2015 – All rights reserved

PianoDiana

SheetMusicPlus

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads Download Sheet Music at Musicnotes.com Find patriotic sheet music sheet music to print instantly at Virtual Sheet Music