Learn To Play Words by the Bee Gees


The Bee Gees


Described as a "lush ballad," this song was a best selling single in 1969. It was also included in their 1970 Gold Album.

Words and music by Barry Gibb, Robin Gibb and Maurice Gibb.

Key of G, 4/4 time and play moderately slow.


  • Bee Gees Tab


Verse 1:

   G
 Smile an everlasting smile
                        A [2: orchestra implies A6]
 A smile can bring you near to me
       D7
 Don't ever let me find you gone
                    C/G     G
 'Cause that would bring a tear to me

Chorus 1:

       Bb
 This world has lost its glory
                                F
 Let's start a brand new story now, my love
        G
 Right now there'll be no other time
                     A       D7
 And I can show you how, my love

Verse 2:

 Talk in everlasting words
 And dedicate them all to me
 And I will give you all my life
 I'm there if you should call on me

Chorus 2:

       Bb
 You think that I don't even mean
                  D  [N.C.]
 A single word I say
             G                        D7
 It's only words and words are all I have
                     G     D7
 To take your heart away

[repeat verse with wordless vocal]

[repeat chorus 2]

Coda:

 (2X, second time acapella):

             G                        D7
 It's only words and words are all I have
                     G     D7
 To take your heart away

Tag:

 G      D7/F#      G  D7    G [arpeggiate]
 / / / /  / / / /  / / / /  /
 
http://www.azchords.com

  • Chords to Words (arranged by David Sherman)
G = G/GB Smile an everlasting smile; a smile could bring you 

A = C#/EA near to me. Don't

D = F#/DA ever let me find you gone 'cause that would bring a 

C = GC/E tear to

G = G/BD me. This

Bb = Bb/BbD world has lost its glory; let's start a brand new story

F = F/AC now my love. Right

G = GB now, there'll be no other time, and I an show you

A = C#/EA how, my

D = C#/EA love

G = GG/DB Talk in everlasting words and dedicate them all to me, And

D = F#/DA I will give you all my life, I'm here if you should

C = CG/E  call to 

G = G/BD me. You

Bb = BbBb/FD think that I don't evern mean a single word I 

D = F#/AD say, It's only

G = G/GB words, and words are all I 

D = A/F#A  have to take your heart a 

G = G/BG way

D = D/AF#     It's only

G = G/B words, and words are all I

D/F# = F#/A have, to take your heart a-

G = GB/DG way.

D7 = D/AC

G = G/AB

  • Bee Gees on YouTube

                             



You may be interested in, Gospel Music Training Free trial (30 days)

Have a great weekend!


"Jazz washes away the dust of every day life." -- Art Blakey

ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured Post

Learn To Play How High The Moon

How High The Moon (Chords and Lyrics) Words by Nancy Hamilton Music by Morgan Lewis (1940) Sung by Ella Fitzgerald from album...

© copyright 2015 – All rights reserved

PianoDiana

SheetMusicPlus

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads Download Sheet Music at Musicnotes.com Faber Piano Adventures