How to Play God Bless The U.S.A.






Happy Memorial Day to all who live in the U.S.A. 

Every 4th of July I like to post patriotic songs to play for your enjoyment. I'm so thankful for the troops and support them all the way. Here's where you'll find a few chord charts to some songs.

I thought I would give you a quick chord breakdown to Lee' Greenwood's song, God Bless The U.S.A., written in 1984. It's in the Key of F (1 flat, Bb) with 4/4 time signature, slowly.


F Bb/F
If tomorrow all the things were gone I'd worked for all my life,
Gm7 Eb7 C7
And I had to start again with just my children and my wife,
F Am7
I'd thank my lucky stars to be living here today
Gm7 Dm Bb
'Cause the flag still stands for freedom and they can't take that away
Chorus
C/E Bb/D F
And I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free
C/E Bb/D F
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me
Dm F/A Bb Am7
And I'll gladly stand up, next to you, and defend her still today
Gm7 F/A Bb Gm7/C F
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land, God bless the USA.
From the lakes of Minnesota, to the hills of Tennessee,
Across the plains of Texas, from sea to shining sea,
From Detroit down to Houston, from New York to LA,
Well there's pride in every American heart,
And it's time we stand and say,
C/E Bb/D F
That I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free,
C/E Bb/D F
And I won`t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me
Dm F/A Bb Am7
And I'll gladly stand up, next to you and defend her still today,
Gm7 F/A Bb Gm7/C F
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land, God bless the USA
C/E Bb/D F
And I'm Proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free,
C/E Bb/D F
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me,
Dm F/A Bb Am7
And I'll gladly stand up, next to you and defend her still today,
Gm7 F/A Gm7 Am7 Bb C7 F
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land, God bless the U S A

Chord Breakdown:
Verse
L.H. / R.H.

FF/CFAC
FF/DAC
G/DFBb
Eb/DbGBb
FF/CFAC
AG/CEGC
G/DFGBb
D/DFA
Bb/DFBbD

Chorus

E/CEG
D/BbDF
F/FAC
E/CEG
D/BbDF
F/FAC
D/ADF
A/CEG
Bb/FBbD
A/EGAC
G/DFBb
A/FAC * (last time to Coda)
Bb/FBbD
C/GBbDF
F/ACF
F/GCE
F/FBbD
F/AC
F/BbDF

Verse

FF/AC
FF/DFA
G/DFBb
Eb/DbGBb
C/EGC
FF/FA
AA/GACE
AA/EGAC
GG/DFBb
D/FAD
Bb/FBbD (Back to chorus)

Coda

Bb/FBbD
C/GBbDF

Chorus


D/ADF

E/CEG
D/BbDF
F/FAC
E/CEG
D/BbDF
F/FAC
D/ADF
A/CEG
Bb/FBbD
A/EGAC
G/DFBb
A/FAC
GF/BbDFBb
AG/CEAC
BbF/DBbD
CG/EBbCE
FCA/FACF

Blessings,





"Jazz washes away the dust of every day life." -- Art Blakey
Enhanced by Zemanta
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured Post

How To Play Hold On

© copyright 2017– All rights reserved

PianoDiana

SheetMusicPlus

Early Black Friday Coupon Cyber Week Coupon 50% Off International Shipping