Here is a list of some favorite music apps. These apps work with both iPhones and iPads.
- Baa Baa Black Sheep by Duck Duck Moose ($1.99 – iphone) – Explore the island of Baa Baa, where you can row-row your boat, see Baa Baa and his friends, explore 3 underwater worlds, all while looking for matching puzzle pieces hidden throughout the island! – This app combines two songs and it’s fun and interactive – Music plus puzzles equals lots of fun!
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star by Kiboomu ($.99 – iphone) – Aspiring toddler & preschool pianists now have a new way to take piano lessons. Kids will love the song and they will love to “play” the piano along with the song.
- Kids Song Machine by Genera Kids ($1.99 – iphone, there’s a free version to try) – Kids Song Machine is specially designed for young children, where they can sing and learn the song lyrics, with interactive animations by simply touching the screen. This is a fun app that has 10 songs included! There is also cute characters that the kids can interact with.
- Ocarina by Smule ($.99 – iphone) - One of Apple’s All-Time Top 20 Apps, Smule’s Ocarina turns your iPhone into an ancient flute. With no musical training required, you’ll blow away your friends and family with your new talent.
- GarageBand by apple ($4.99 – ipad) – GarageBand turns your iPad into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play pianos, organs, guitars, drums, and basses on your iPad. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. I love how this app is perfect for any age group! Jude loves playing with the piano and the drum kits and I love the bass guitar! The app is great because it introduces the kids to different instruments and they learn how to use them – a plus, if you are planning on having them take actual music lessons. Do you have any favorite music apps for kids?