Monday Music Quote: Ursula K. LeGuin and Jordan Frye

Jordan Frye: Forever Yours


 "It had never occurred to me before that music and thinking are so much alike. In fact, you could say that music is another way of thinking, or maybe thinking is another kind of music." --  Ursula K. LeGuin
Ursula is an award winning author. She writes science fiction stuff. Visit her website and check her out, if you want. She writes about alien stories as well. I'm not a fan of this genre but her quote got me thinking about a young singer-song writer!

Jordan Frye wrote a song in 2013 called Forever Yours. It's in the Key of A. Play steadily with a 4/4 time signature. It's a great song about the love of God towards us.



Chord chart to Forever Yours


Verse 1:
 
A
Change me, from deep inside 
                E/G#                                        F#m7
and recreate me, all of my life I long to be
                D2
More like You
A    
Your heart, I give the world to 
          E/G#
follow Your heart

For no one else could ever 
F#m7            D2
love me like you
 
Chorus:
 
All of my life I will lay down
F#m7
Here at the cross where I am found
           Bm7
I’m forever Yours
           D2
I’m forever Yours
 
Verse 2:
 
A                                                                   E/G#
Closer, reach out and touch me with Your fire
                                            F#m7
That you would be my one desire
,      D2
Oh God
 
Chorus 2 & 3:
 
 A
All of my life I will lay down
 F#m7
Here at the Cross where I am found
          Bm7
I’m forever Yours
          D2  
I’m forever Yours
 A
All of my shame I’m letting go
 F#m7
Because of Your mercy I bear it no more
      Bm7
I’m forever Yours
          D2     A
I’m forever yours
 
Bridge:
 
A
No greater love no deeper joy, 
E/G#                                             F#m7
no higher hope, no longer I, but Christ who lives, 
      F#m7                     D2
but Christ who lives in me
 
A                                               E
No greater love, no deeper joy, no higher hope
                           F#m7                                                        D2
No longer I, but Christ who lives, but Christ who lives in me


CHORUS

Gospel keys ministry musician1 featuring Jason White


If you enjoyed this blog post, please consider following on Bloglovin'
Keep in touch with me on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube and Pinterest, too!



"Jazz washes away the dust of every day life." -- Art Blakey
Enhanced by Zemanta
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured Post

How To Play Hold On

© copyright 2017– All rights reserved

PianoDiana

SheetMusicPlus

Early Black Friday Coupon Cyber Week Coupon 50% Off International Shipping