Linda Ronstadt: Feels Like Home

Feels Like Home (Linda Ronstadt album)
Feels Like Home (Linda Ronstadt album) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
 

"I don't think you can look for love. All you can do is get yourself in a situation where you don't discourage something that may be rather nice." -- Linda Rondstadt
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/l/linda_ronstadt.html#grXKUdM6bmjQcsTg.99

 In 1995 Randy Newman wrote the words and music to a song, Feels Like Home. The tempo is moderately slow with 4/4 time signature, played in the Key of D. Here is the chord chart to this special song.

C F C    C F C

C         G       C                     G      Gsus G
Something in your eyes makes me want to lose myself 
                 F                    C  F  C   G
Makes me want to lose myself in your arms 
C            G            C               G           Gsus G
There's something in your voice makes my heart beat fast 
          F
Hope this feeling lasts 
               C    G
The rest of my life 
       Em       F         C    E7  Am
If you knew how lonely my life has been 
        F         C       G Gsus G 
And how long I've felt so low 
       Em         F                 C    E7 Am                  
If you knew how I wanted someone to come along 
    F         C                   G  Gsus G
And change my life the way you've done 
           C                     G
Feels like home to me Feels like home to me 
               F   C       D7                 G                    
Feels like I'm all the way back where I come from
           C                     G
Feels like home to me Feels like home to me 
               F   C       D7         G    C   F  C
Feels like I'm alI the way back where I belong 

SOLO

C     G  C             G 
A window breaks down a long dark street 
      F                  C    F C  G
And a siren walls in the night 
C       G  C                     G
But I'm alright cause I have you here with me 
          F                                   C  G
And I can almost see through the dark there's light 
       Em        F               C     E7 Am
If you knew how much this moment means to me 
        F         C               G Gsus  G
And how long I've waited for your touch 
       Em       F             C  E7  Am
If you knew how happy you are making me 
     F                 C              G
I've never thought I'd love anyone so much
           C                     G
Feels like home to me Feels like home to me 
               F   C       D7                 G                    
Feels like I'm all the way back where I come from
           C                     G
Feels like home to me Feels like home to me 
               F   C       D7         G    C   F C
Feels like I'm alI the way back where I belong 
               F   C       D7         G    C   F C  C F C
Feels like I'm alI the way back where I belong 




 So, here's what I'm playing with the piano chords in D.

D G/D D    G/D D G/D D G/D 

D         A/C#     D                     A      D/A A
Something in your eyes makes me want to lose myself 
                 G(add9)                   D  A
Makes me want to lose myself in your arms 
D            A/c#            D            A          D/A
There's something in your voice makes my heart beat fast 
          G
Hope this feeling lasts 
           G9   D  A
The rest of my life 
       F#m       G         D/A    A#dim7  Bm7
If you knew how lonely my life has been 
        G         C       D A  Bm/A  A
And how long I've felt so low 
       F#m7         G                 D/A  A#dim7 Bm                  
If you knew how I wanted someone to come along 
    G         D/A                   A  
And change my life the way you've done 
           D                     A  G6/B A/C#
Feels like home to me Feels like home to me 
  A             G   D/F#    Bm7  E7     G6/A  A                    
Feels like I'm all the way back where I come from
           D    Bm7  D          A  G6/B  A/C#
Feels like home to me Feels like home to me 
 D7              G   C       D/F#   E7  G6/A    D   G/D  D D(add9)
Feels like I'm all the way back where I belong 

I'll share the chord breakdown with you now, keeping in mind that you know
how to read slash chords. Here I'll be posting l.h./r.h.
 
D chord = D/F#AD
 
A/C# = C#/AC#E
 
D = D/ADF#
 
A = A/AC#F#
 
D/A = A/DF#A
 
A = A/EAC#
 
G(add9) = G/ABE
 
D = D/F#AD
 
A = A/AC#E
 
D = D/F#AD
 
A/C# = C#/AE
 
D = D/ADF#
 
A = AE/C#F#
 
D/A = F#/DE
 
A = AE/C#
 
G = G/BE
 
G9 = GD/AB
 
D = D/ADF#
 
A = A/AC#
 
F#m = F#/AC#F#
 
G = G/bDB
 
D/A = A/AEF#
 
A#dim7 = A#/GC#E
 
Bm7 = B/F#BD
 
G = G/DGB
 
D = D/F#D
 
A = A/C#E
 
Bm/A = F#/ABD
 
A = EA/AC#
 
F#m7 = F#/C#F#A
 
G = G/BDG
 
D/A = A/F#D
 
A#dim7 = A#/F#A#D
 
Bm = BF#/BF#
 
G = G/GB
 
D/A = A/F#AF# 
 

A = AE/C#F#
 

D = D/F#AD
 

A = A/C#EA
 

G6/B = B/GDE
 

A/C# = C#A/EB
 

A = A/AC#F#A
 

G = G/BDG
 

D/F# = F#/ADA
 

Bm7 = B/BD
 

G6/A = A/GBE
 

A = A/AC#
 

D = D/F#AD
 

Bm7 = B/F#A
 

D = D/F#A
 

A = A/C#EA
 

G6/B = B/GDE
 

A/C# = C#A/EB
 

D7 = D/CF#A
 

G = G/BDG
 

D/F# = F#/ADF#
 

E7 = E/G#BD
 

G6/A = A/GBDE
 

D = DD/F#D
 

G/D = B/DG
 

D = DA/F#AD
 

D(add9) = DF#/DEA, then DF#/F#AD
 
 
If you're looking for a theory book, a reference book you can refer to often,
Hear and Play offers the 300pg course book.

Best,





"Jazz washes away the dust of every day life." -- Art Blakey
Enhanced by Zemanta
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured Post

Learn To Play How High The Moon

How High The Moon (Chords and Lyrics) Words by Nancy Hamilton Music by Morgan Lewis (1940) Sung by Ella Fitzgerald from album...

© copyright 2015 – All rights reserved

PianoDiana

SheetMusicPlus

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads Download Sheet Music at Musicnotes.com Find patriotic sheet music sheet music to print instantly at Virtual Sheet Music