Monday Music Quote: Irving Mills

Monday Music Quote


 It don't mean a thing If it ain't got that swing.
Irving Mills


  

When My Sugar Walks Down The Street is a 1920s jazz standard, written by Gene Austin, Jimmie McHugh and Irving Mills in 1924.

Free Piano Chords: When My Sugar Walks Down the Street
From My Big Band Songs Ever

G7        C             Cm

I know a thing or two 
G  G7    A7     Bbdim
And I'm telling you, 
G              Am7          D9
I've got a wonderful gal! 
 
D+   G  G7  C         Cm 
She's got the cutest smile, 
G  G7     C6
A million dollar style, 
A7                                  D7  Am7 D7
She's such a wonderful pal. 
B7                  Em
I just feel so happy 
D7                         G
'Cause I love her so, 
           G7       C        Cm
When she is by my side 
G  G7  C6
I'm so filled with pride, 
A7                                        D7  Am7  D7
I want the whole world to know: 
 
G            Dm6      E7     A7       
When my Sugar walks down the street, 
D7                                    G    C6       G
All the little birdies go "tweet tweet tweet!" 
                                 Gdim       D7
And in the ev'ning when the sun goes down, 
                 D+              G
It's never dark when she's around 
G              Dm6       E7         A7
She's so affectionate and I'll say this, 
D7                                       G       C6    G  G7
That when she kisses me I sure stay kissed! 
E7                                   Am  E7  Am
When my Sugar walks down the street 
                G          E7  A9  D7           G
The little birdies go "tweet tweet tweet!" 

I like my coffee sweet, 
Everything I eat 
Must have some sugar on top 

I'm telling you the truth 
I've got the sweetest tooth 
I love a sweet lollipop. 
Tell me what is sweeter 
Than a sweet, sweet kiss, 
From someone who can be 
Oh, so sweet to me, 
I want you all to know this:

When my Sugar walks down the street, 
All the little birdies go "tweet tweet tweet!" 
And in the ev'ning when the sun goes down, 
It's never dark when she's around 

She's so affectionate and I'll say this, 
That when she kisses me I sure stay kissed! 
When my Sugar walks down the street 
The little birdies go "tweet tweet tweet!" 

 x x x x x x x x x x xx x x x x x


 Here are some chords that I play in the song.

Bbdim = A#G/CE

Am7 = AG/CE

D9 = DF#/CE

D+ = D/CF#A#D

B7 = F#/D#AB

C6 = CE/CA 

Dm6 = FF/DAD 

E7 = EE/DG#D

A7 = A/C#GC# 

Gdim = BbBb/GC#E 

D7 = AA/F#CE

Best, 


"Jazz washes away the dust of every day life." -- Art Blakey
Enhanced by Zemanta
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured Post

How To Play Hold On

© copyright 2017– All rights reserved

PianoDiana

SheetMusicPlus

Early Black Friday Coupon Cyber Week Coupon 50% Off International Shipping