Learn To Play Nick Of Time by Bonnie Raitt

Nick of Time album coverImage via Wikipedia


One of my favorite songs is Nick Of Time by Bonnie Raitt. How about you?


Here are the chords.


Verse I
 -------
 Dm7      | Em7                   |
 A friend of mine she cries at night, and she
 Fmaj           | F/G |
 Calls me on the phone
 Dm7  | Em7                  |
 Sees babies everywhere she goes and she 
 Fmaj  | F/G |
 Wants one of her own.
 Dm7    | Em7          |
 She's waited long enough she says 
 Fmaj     |  F/G  |
 And still she can't decide
 Dm7    | Em7                 |  G#dim      | Am   |
 Pretty soon she'll have to choose and it tears her up inside...
 Fmaj        |  F/G               G     | C |
 She's scared...scared she'll run out of time.

 Verse II
 --------
 I see my folks, they're getting old, I watch their bodies change...
 I know they see the same in me,  And it makes us both feel strange...
 No matter how you tell yourself, It's what we all go through...
 Those eyes are pretty hard to take when they're staring' back at you.
 Scared you'll run out of time.

 Chorus
 ------
 Bb      |  F        |
 When did the choices get so hard?
 C                         |  C  |
 With so much more at stake.
 Dm7  |  Em7               | G#dim        | Am  |
 Life gets mighty precious when there's less of it to waste.
 Fmaj    |  F/G     G |  C  |  C  |
 Hummmm...Scared she'll run out of time.

 Verse III
 ---------
 Just when I thought I'd had enough
 All my tears were shed...
 No promise left unbroken,
 There were no painful words unsaid.
 You came along and showed me
 How to leave it all behind....
 You opened up my heart again and then much to my surprise.

     ||: I found love, Love in the Nick of Time. :|| 3x

 ||: Dm7 Em7 | G Am7 | Fmaj | F/G G :|| C
 http://www.cowboylyrics.com/tabs/raitt-bonnie/nick-of-time-2656.html



 You might also want to check some of my notes on diminished chords.
ladydpiano.blogspot.com/2010/04/diminished-seventh-chord-we-will.html


One of Bonnie Raitt's Cds is on sale!
The Best of Bonnie Raitt

Comments are welcomed and encouraged!
Thanks for stopping by.
I hope you enjoy your stay at Piano Diana.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured Post

How To Play Hold On

© copyright 2017– All rights reserved

PianoDiana

SheetMusicPlus

Early Black Friday Coupon Cyber Week Coupon 50% Off International Shipping