Learn To Play I Remember You: Diana Krall

English: Johnny Mercer, New York, N.Y., betwee...
English: Johnny Mercer, New York, N.Y., between 1946 and 1948 (Photograph by William P. Gottlieb) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)


 I Remember You is from the Paramount Picture The Fleet's In. The song was written by Johnny Mercer in 1942, along with the music by Victor Schertzinger. Recorded by Jimmy Dorsey in 1942 and the Slim Whitman sings it like a classic country song.

It's played in the Key of G with 4/4 time signature. Moderately, not too fast. Here it is on YouTube.




Intro: G - Gdim - C6 - Am/G 
 
G = GD/BDF#
Gdim = GE/A#C#F#
G6 = GD/GBE
Am/G = G/CEB
 
 G           Gdim
I remember you --

G                   F      G7sus  G7   C6
You're the one who made my dreams come true

  Cm   D7b9   G  D7sus  D7
A few kisses ago.


G           Gdim
I remember you --

  G                F        G7sus G7  Cmaj7
You're the one who said, "I love you, too."  

C6  Cm D7b9       Dm7/G   G9
I do...didn't you know?


Bridge:

C         F#m7    B7      E      F#m7      B7    
I remember, too a distant bell       and stars that

Emaj7 E6       Em7  A7          Dmaj7  D6  D7
Fell  like the rain out of the blue


G                 Gdim
When my life is through      

G             Bm7b5   E7b9    Am  
And the angels ask me to recall

Cm   Cm6           G    
The thrill of them all

 A9           G       G/B Bbdim7 Am7 D7b9 G  
Then I shall tell them I remem- ber you.


(Instrumental interlude - 1 Verse)


(Repeat Bridge)


G                  Gdim
When my life is through      

G             Bm7b5   E7b9   Am  Cm
And the angels ask me to recall

     Cm6           G   A9
The thrill of them all

              G         G/B Bbdim7 Am7 D7b9      
Then I shall tell them I remem - ber 

Bb            Cm
Tell them I remember
 
G  A7b9 D13 G 
you. 

Here are some different inversions for the same chords throughout the song.



A7: AG/C#G

A9: 

G/C#EB
AG/C#B

A7b9: AG/C#F#Bb

Am7: AG/CEG

B7: A/D#F#B

Bm7b5: B/DFAD

Bbdim7: Bb/C#E

Cmaj7: C/BE

C6: GE/A

Cm: 

C/GCEb
GC/CEbC

Cm6: A/EGC

D7: 

D/F#CD
D/CF#

D7sus: AD/GCD

D7b9: DF#/CEbA

Dm7/G = G/ACF

D6: AF#/B

D13: DF#/CEB

E: EB/EF#G#

Emaj7: E/D#G#

E6: EG#/C#E

Em7: EB/BDG

E7b9: E/DF#G#D

F: AF/CF

F#m7: F#/C#EG

G Major:

GD/BDF#
GD/ABD
DB/DGB
GDB/DGD

Gdim: GE/A#C#F#

G7sus: GF#/C

G7: GF#/BD

G/B: BG/D


You may be interested in Jazz Intensive Training Center

If you enjoyed this blog post, please consider following on Bloglovin' Keep in touch with me on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube and Pinterest, too!

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Wishing you a Happy New Year!


 

"Jazz washes away the dust of every day life." -- Art Blakey
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured Post

How To Play Hold On

© copyright 2017– All rights reserved

PianoDiana

SheetMusicPlus

Early Black Friday Coupon Cyber Week Coupon 50% Off International Shipping