Learn To Play Words by the Bee Gees


The Bee Gees


Described as a "lush ballad," this song was a best selling single in 1969. It was also included in their 1970 Gold Album.

Words and music by Barry Gibb, Robin Gibb and Maurice Gibb.

Key of G, 4/4 time and play moderately slow.


  • Bee Gees Tab


Verse 1:

   G
 Smile an everlasting smile
                        A [2: orchestra implies A6]
 A smile can bring you near to me
       D7
 Don't ever let me find you gone
                    C/G     G
 'Cause that would bring a tear to me

Chorus 1:

       Bb
 This world has lost its glory
                                F
 Let's start a brand new story now, my love
        G
 Right now there'll be no other time
                     A       D7
 And I can show you how, my love

Verse 2:

 Talk in everlasting words
 And dedicate them all to me
 And I will give you all my life
 I'm there if you should call on me

Chorus 2:

       Bb
 You think that I don't even mean
                  D  [N.C.]
 A single word I say
             G                        D7
 It's only words and words are all I have
                     G     D7
 To take your heart away

[repeat verse with wordless vocal]

[repeat chorus 2]

Coda:

 (2X, second time acapella):

             G                        D7
 It's only words and words are all I have
                     G     D7
 To take your heart away

Tag:

 G      D7/F#      G  D7    G [arpeggiate]
 / / / /  / / / /  / / / /  /
 
http://www.azchords.com

  • Chords to Words (arranged by David Sherman)
G = G/GB Smile an everlasting smile; a smile could bring you 

A = C#/EA near to me. Don't

D = F#/DA ever let me find you gone 'cause that would bring a 

C = GC/E tear to

G = G/BD me. This

Bb = Bb/BbD world has lost its glory; let's start a brand new story

F = F/AC now my love. Right

G = GB now, there'll be no other time, and I an show you

A = C#/EA how, my

D = C#/EA love

G = GG/DB Talk in everlasting words and dedicate them all to me, And

D = F#/DA I will give you all my life, I'm here if you should

C = CG/E  call to 

G = G/BD me. You

Bb = BbBb/FD think that I don't evern mean a single word I 

D = F#/AD say, It's only

G = G/GB words, and words are all I 

D = A/F#A  have to take your heart a 

G = G/BG way

D = D/AF#     It's only

G = G/B words, and words are all I

D/F# = F#/A have, to take your heart a-

G = GB/DG way.

D7 = D/AC

G = G/AB

  • Bee Gees on YouTube

                             



You may be interested in, Gospel Music Training Free trial (30 days)

Have a great weekend!


"Jazz washes away the dust of every day life." -- Art Blakey

ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured Post

How To Play Hold On

© copyright 2017– All rights reserved

PianoDiana

SheetMusicPlus

Early Black Friday Coupon Cyber Week Coupon 50% Off International Shipping